Monday, October 27, 2008

The Great Victoria Desert



I have just arrived at my first destination the Great Victoria Desert. It is really hot and very dry. I am about to check into my hotel in Leonora, Then I am going to start my 4wd trip through the Victoria desert and i really need to prepare for that but i think i will stick to the Great Central road. The Victoria Desert is the biggest desert in Australia and is about 424,400 km2. Although you can go through it as I am today! Also surprisingly there is actually a fair amount of vegetation in The Great Victoria Desert especially when it rains. The Victoria Desert is the largest Desert in Australia and about the thrid biggest in the world. The victoria desert was found by European explorers and was named after Queen Victoria in 1875. There is Animals everywhere and lots of rocks and caves to see.

No comments: