Thursday, October 30, 2008

The 4 WD Rivinng Trip




The Victoria Desert is around 424 400 km and it the third Largest Desert in the World. The Desert is located in South and west Australia, The Victorian desert is actually boarded by the Gibson Desert in the north, little sandy desert in the north east, The Nullarbor Plain in the South and Tirary and Sturt Stony Desert to the east. So as you can see there are a lot of Deserts in Australia.

Anyway I have just got back from my 4 WD driving trip through the Great Victoria Desert and it was Wonderful. I went on the Great Central road and now i am in Warburton it was a great experience although it took About 7 days, And it was really really HOT!. The Temperature was about 35 degrees although it got cooler in the afternoon and cold at night. There is a lot wild life here, I saw goannas, Dingos and there where lizards every where I even got to see the Great Desert skink which I didn’'t think I would. There are a lot of sand dunes which I had expected but there were also a lot of Rocks and caves as well, which were great to explore. Surprisingly there is actually a fair amount of vegetation with a lot of Marble gums and Spinifex grass as well as a lot of shrubs and bushes. Sadly though because of so many people coming here, lots of feral animals have appeared as well like Rabbits and Donkeys which we also saw on our trip.

I am quite sad as this will be my last post while I am in WA, because tomorrow I am going on a bus trip to Alice springs and from there i will be flying to Sydney and then catching a plane there which will take me to Brazil yay i can't wait but I know that I will defiantly come back one day and I do recommend it as a sight to see. :)

No comments: