Monday, November 3, 2008

Hiking In The Wetlands



The Pantanal Wetlands are the largest wetlands in the world and are located in South Africa in Brazil . The Pantanal is 230,000 square kilometers which is larger the France! The Pantanal wetlands are created by the river Paragui.Today I went on a hiking tour with one of the local guides. It was breath taking, we saw Monkeys, Macaws and Toucans which was a great experience I have only ever seen them in pictures and there are defiantly one of the prettiest birds ever! We also saw a lot more wildlife as it is everywhere. The Pantanal has around 700 species of Birds just living there. I was so happy we didn’t come across a Jaguar or any maned wolves while we were hiking that would have been terrifying! This place would have to have the most fauna I have seen although my next stop is the Amazon so maybe that will change. I better go now as I am about to be taken on a boat through the wetlands and they even have piranha fishing! So I might give that a try! Talk Soon :)

No comments: