Friday, November 7, 2008

Isalo National Park Madagscar

I have just arrived in Madagascar and it is so much hotter than Nepal. I am going to be camping in the Isalo National Park with a group of people to get a better feel for the environment I can’t wait I am so excited!!


Unlike the rest of Madagascar Isalo National Park is grassland and with its eroded sand formations and rare plants it is quite different. The National Park covers 81.540 ha of the Isalo Massif. Isalo Grassland is a savanna Grassland which is located between Fianarantsoa and TulĂ©ar. The Wildlife of Isalo National park considers of birds and a few mammals like the ring-tailed lemur and Verreaux’s Sifaka although to see these animals you would have to hike or camp as I am doing. The average temperature in Isalo is usually around 17 to 25̊c

No comments: